We are in the work of replacing a poverty lifestyle with a prosperous lifestyle. In order to do that, we begin by occupying the streets. Somewhere between 1986 and today, Peak St.’s reputation changed. It is no longer a place of gang wars, murder and drug houses, but it is a beacon of hope resting right in the middle of Dallas. Why? Because change comes one life at a time and changing a life is possible.
Transitional housing is one of the greatest needs for people that are not financially stable. R/O provides transitional housing for the “working poor,” this gives them time to rebuild their finances in a safe environment. Graduates of our adult residential program are also provided the opportunity to be part of our transitional housing once they begin working. The purpose of The Refuge is to provide transitional housing to facilitate self-sufficiency in Men, Women and Families that are coming out of a program, have recently lost their home or are having a hard time covering their current rent. The Refuge is not a shelter, nor is it a solution for long term housing. The Refuge is a place where people can come and get a respectable place to live while saving money, to get a better place to live. Reconciliation Outreach hopes that in this purpose The Refuge will improve the chances of its tenants to become independent, strong members of their community
Determination of acceptance into The Refuge will be made on a case by case basis, based on the following minimum
criteria and guidelines.
• Be at least eighteen years old.
• Hold current employment for no less than two months.
• Have a gross income of no more than $28,410.00 per year.
• Have a gross income of no less than $20,090.00 per year.
*UPDATE: NO APARTMENTS AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2017.
In order to rent an apartment at The Refuge, the applicant must:
• Pay the first month’s rent.
• Pay at least 25% of the security deposit. ( the remaining balance will be paid out within the first eight months of the lease).
• Have a valid state issued photo identification card.
• Have a Social Security Card.
1 Bedroom (Approx. 450 sq. ft): $550/month
2 Bedroom (Approx 520 sq. ft): $600/month
To inquire about The Refuge contact:
Dana Bates, Manager